CDR: KERSHOFF

Duncan Frissell frissell at panix.com
Wed Sep 13 08:50:49 PDT 2000

At 11:50 PM 9/12/00 -0400, eileen douvarjo wrote:
>Searching SS# for John/Jacob Kershoff,
>lived 1940-1950's onStaten Island, N.Y.
>Been told his name was JAY, could be nickname. Died before 1995,  he was
>married to Margaret Whitehead and had two children.
>He was an officer in the US Navy during WW11. Thank you.
>Eileen Douvarjo

Search here:

http://www.ancestry.com/search/rectype/vital/ssdi/main.htm

No surname Kershoff appears in the SS Death Index.  Try other spellings.

DCF
----
It's genetic.  Note on the 1871 Canadian census entry for my 2nd great
grandfather Josiah Burr Plumb:
"Obstructed here by Party refusing any convenience (visits?) upon Veranda
Ordering Enumerator out."