CDR: Re: Why?

Jim Choate ravage at einstein.ssz.com
Tue Sep 12 22:05:34 PDT 2000

On Tue, 12 Sep 2000, petro wrote:

> He of the CDR tag wrote:
> >>  On the cynical side: maybe the feds shouldn't be putting child care
> >>  facilities in potential terrorist targets.  (Really cynical: maybe
> >>  it was intended as a human shield.)
> >
> >Their own kids? That level of cold blooded-ness is probably unrealistic.
>
> 	It is quite likely that the people in position to make that
> decision did not have their own children in that facility.

???

Each parent was in a position to make that decision. It was the regional
headquarters for several agencies, it was by definition the place where
such decisions are made. I do not know if the particular individuals who
ok'ed the decision to allow it in the building actualy had or have kids.
However,  to limit the scope of this to only the location decision is an
unreasonably narrow definition of responsibility in what happened.

                     He is able who thinks he is able.

                                           Buddha

       Austin, Tx               /:'///// ``::>/|/      ravage at ssz.com