CDR: Re: [OT] California senator tries to mandate remote kill switches

Tim May tcmay at got.net
Tue Sep 12 11:11:26 PDT 2000

At 1:48 PM -0400 9/12/00, Michael Motyka wrote:
>This has been around for a couple of years. It was started by a
>politician from San Jose who I think has some connection$ to a startup
>that makes a product called Halt. Golly, he wouldn't be abusing the
>public trust would he? A quick search didn't turn up either the SJMN
>article or anything else but it's there somewhere. Anyway, these are
>bad^H^H^H truly evil people^H^H^H^H^H^H scumbags. It's worth keeping an
>eye on them and trying to create publicity when the bill mutates and
>crawls out of the cesspool again. Which it will do annually until it is
>passed. I would doubt that voters would approve a measure like this if
>they knew enough about it. Generally it's limited publicity controlled
>by the proposers that lets this sort of garbage bloom.
>
>Found something : http://www.freerepublic.com/forum/a383094c56f00.htm
>
>OK background. Discussion board. All predictable stuff.
>
>When a bill is passed the sooner the system is hacked and the mfgrs are
>in the liability courts the better. I can't really say what I want to
>say about the company and the politicians...the sensors are everywhere.

There was some talk on the Cypherpunks list some years back. May be
findable in the archives with Google.

The political scumdroids will of course write liability exemptions
into the laws. (Don't think they can do that? It's done a lot,
especially when "it's for the children!!" gets invoked.)

As for what should be done with such scumdroids and the legal pieces
of shit who support their actions, I'm not afraid to say what should
be done with them: more freedom fighters like McVeigh need to park
trucks filled with ANFO in front of their dens. That, or biological
and nerve agents. Wiping out several hundred in one legislative
session would send a message.

--Tim May
"Cyphernomicon"             | black markets, collapse of governments.