CDR: DNA

Michael Motyka mmotyka at lsil.com
Tue Sep 12 10:58:53 PDT 2000

Does UV light destroy DNA? I know it is a reasonable way to sterilize
water ( with some caveats ) which it does by denaturing proteins.

If DNA is also destroyed would not a baseball eventually become
invalidated just by sitting on a shelf?

What other weaknesses are there?

As someone wears and handles clothing, washes it along with clothing
worn by others wouldn't the DNA become damaged or contaminated?

Is it only useful as a mfr to retail validation?

Sounds trendy but I'd bet it has problems.