CDR: Voluntary Mandatory Taxes

Tim May tcmay at got.net
Mon Sep 11 19:44:30 PDT 2000

For all those speaking favorably of the twentieth century trends
toward voluntary mandatory (VM) taxes, a la the VM taxes on PCs to
support recording moguls, the VM taxes on paper to support writers,
the VM taxes on hamburgers to fund heart disease research, consider
where ever-increasing taxes take us:

"Here's something to think about - while queuing up for petrol this
afternoon (yes - I confess to being a panic buyer) I worked out that
OPEC is charging $30 a barrel and our government is taxing us at
slightly over $150 a barrel - ouch!"

This is from the U.K., where tax policy is ahead of that of the U.S.
Whilst we are (almost) ready to mcveigh the tax collectors and wipe
out millions of burrowcrats, the Brits are quite sheeplike in
accepting taxes which are several times the price of the underlying
commodity. Germany, France, Sweden, Italy, and essentially all other
European nations are similarly sheep-like in their acceptance of such
taxes. This is where the "voluntary mandatory" taxation trend leads
us. Taxes become an instrument of social policy as well as a way to
line the pockets of the burrowcrats who go into government service.

Frankly, tens of millions need to be liquidated.

Thank Baal for unbreakable crypto.

--Tim May

"Cyphernomicon"             | black markets, collapse of governments.