CDR: Re: GA-CAT-CA

Steven Furlong sfurlong at acmenet.net
Sat Sep 9 11:46:40 PDT 2000

"James A. Donald" wrote:
> At 09:20 AM 9/9/2000 -0700, A. Melon wrote:
>  >  Some of that cat hair winds up at crime scenes, and can provide
>  >  important clues to solving a crime if it can be traced to an
>  >  individual cat, and from there to its owner. The DOJ is asking cat
>  >  owners to voluntarily send in a sample of Fluffys genetic material
>
> No sillier than gun control laws.

Potentially even more infringing on rights, though, at least in the
US. We have the 2nd Amendment, which keeps some of the police
state behavior at bay. I can't think, offhand, of any provision in the
US Constitution which would prevent City Hall from mandating a hair
sample from every pet. New York constitution neither, though that's so
cumbersome and poorly organized that there might be something tucked
away.

--
Steve Furlong, Computer Condottiere     Have GNU, will travel
   518-374-4720     sfurlong at acmenet.net