CDR: Re: about this list, and a poor man's crypto

Bill Stewart bill.stewart at pobox.com
Mon Sep 4 21:33:29 PDT 2000

At 04:06 PM 9/3/00, Marcello 'R.D.O.' Magnifico wrote:
>I'm telling you I'm leaving, and why.
>1. The list appears to be USA-centric, and Internet covers the whole world.

The standard way to fix problems like that is to post non-USA-centric
content :-)

>3. I expected a lot of tech issues and found instead a bunch of:
>	-discussions on racism, religion, gov't behavior worldwide
>	-"we hate pigs"
>	-US local laws discussions (see 1)
>	-simple fluff and/or flaming.

You're not the only one to complain about this.  (See answer 1.)
cryptography-request at c2.net will get you a moderated list that's broader
than coderpunks,
but narrower than cypherpunks, no spam, low flaming.

				Thanks!
					Bill
Bill Stewart, bill.stewart at pobox.com