CDR: Re: Treatment of subjugated people (and bagpipes)

Tim May tcmay at got.net
Mon Sep 4 17:13:55 PDT 2000

At 4:54 PM -0700 9/4/00, dis-list at rebelbase.com wrote:
>>A criminal defendant has the right to remain silent. He cannot be
>>compelled to tell where evidence is located. He cannot be compelled
>>to testify against himself. (BTW, don't even bother, anyone, to
>>bring out the old chestnut of a person picking "I committed this
>>crime" as his passphrase. Dealt with convincingly many years ago.)
>
>Can you expand on that?
>
>I don't remember that issue being dealt with in a legal manner at all.

How many years have you been subscribed? How much of the archives
have you searched?

In a nutshell, there is a recognized difference between the form of a
statement and the content of a statement. A court would stipulate
that uttering a passphrase would only be used in the context of the
passphrase, not as an admission of guilt.

As I said, there's a section in the Cyphernomicon on this.

--Tim May
"Cyphernomicon"             | black markets, collapse of governments.