CDR: "..do not count on the anonymity of the Internet to serve as a shield for your illegal conduct"

keyser-soze at hushmail.com keyser-soze at hushmail.com
Mon Sep 4 12:35:36 PDT 2000

>"Anyone who would use the Internet to commit a crime should understand
one thing -- do not count on the anonymity of the Internet to serve as a
shield for your illegal conduct. As technology advances, so do our investigative
techniques and our abilities to protect the public."

Quite true.  However, any well informed LE-type will tell you only amateurs
are likely to be caught.  I dare say if we select one of this list's more
informed members, say Black Unicorn, and assume he intended to engage in
a similar exploit as this fellow from Bloomberg.  I would find it highly
unlikely that BU would ever be apprehended for the deed (assuming he didn't
brag).

ks