CDR: Re: Bush Calls Administration Encryption Policy "Outdated"

mmotyka at lsil.com mmotyka at lsil.com
Tue Oct 31 11:00:10 PST 2000

> Bush Calls Administration Encryption Policy "Outdated"
>      Responding to a question about encryption technology in an
ongoing
> Internet debate, Texas Gov. George W. Bush castigated President
Clinton
> and Vice President Gore for what he called "outdated" technology
policy.
> "The Clinton administration has repeatedly been slow to recognize the
> realities of the international market for encryption products
regulated by
> our nationĂ­s export laws," Bush said in a written response posted on
the
> Web White & Blue Web page.
>      Read the article: Newsbytes @
> http://www.newsbytes.com/news/00/157435.html

This Bush bit may sound positive but I expect increasingly draconian
legitimate access legislation from both parties. Neither of them can be
trusted and they will settle for nothing less than an absolute right to
gather information and force key disclosure when they can't read it. If
they can't have what they want today they will work towards tomorrow.
Nonstop, like ants or termites.

Mike