CDR: RE: Parties

Jim Choate ravage at ssz.com
Mon Oct 30 14:47:30 PST 2000

On Mon, 30 Oct 2000, Declan McCullagh wrote:

> At 09:04 10/30/2000 -0600, Carskadden, Rush wrote:
> >where he actually says this himself). Under no circumstances do I consider
> >it wise to fly in the face of checks and balances when your cause is
> >"right" but you do not have the majority power. There is a reason that
> >Congress makes laws, just as there is a reason that the Presidents can
> >veto, as there is a reason that the Judicial system interprets the law.
> >It's designed to create a balance that protects us from a loose cannon
> >government going off and acting recklessly.
>
> Ah, but they already have. Your beloved "checks and balances" don't work.

They work well enough that you're not sitting in a jail cell for sedition
or treason. The checks and balances do work, remarkably well considering
the amount of effort spent on trying to subvert them.

There are clearly several issues, neither innumerable or irresolvable,
that need addressing but a depiction as an abject and total failure is
simply mis-representation; typical Declan.

                     He is able who thinks he is able.

                                           Buddha

       Austin, Tx               /:'///// ``::>/|/      ravage at ssz.com