CDR: Senator Blowhardt needs killing

Tim May tcmay at got.net
Sun Oct 29 21:29:32 PST 2000

At 6:37 PM -0800 10/29/00, Bill Stewart wrote:

>This is also the same Joe Baptista who's not supposed to
>email or fax the government* of (Ontario, I think?)
>because he used to contact _all_ of them when they
>(collectively) did or failed to do something that they need
>to be told to do or not do or do differently or whatever.
>Apparently the Canadian equivalent to "needs killing" is "needs faxing"....
>and they weren't prepared to deal with that.

Not really. It's still fully legal in these United States to say that
"Senator Blowhardt needs killing."

I believe there are specifics about the President and his Immediate
Family which do not allow one to say the same with equal candidness.

I'm not saying that saying Senator Blowhardt needs killing won't get
some kind of Official Attention, just that there are no laws banning
such expressions of opinion.

The lawyers and lawyer larvae can comment on what it takes for such
speech acts to cross the "bright line" (or whatever the offical
lawspeak is) for such an expression of opinion to become illegal.

--Tim May

"Cyphernomicon"             | black markets, collapse of governments.