CDR: Re: Parties

Declan McCullagh declan at well.com
Sun Oct 29 14:47:27 PST 2000

On Fri, Oct 27, 2000 at 03:23:31PM -0500, Carskadden, Rush wrote:
> Eric,
>      Glad to hear that all it takes to "get your vote" is a reckless
> executive pardon of criminals that is designed to utilize executive power to
> bypass the checks and balances system and negate the efforts of the
> legislative and judicial branches of government (known in some circles as
> "saying 'fuck the constitution'"). So to clarify (because I am completely

This is amusing. If people were locked up for being gay, or black, or
somesuch, if there were such a law prohibiting those conditions on the
books, and a less statist president took office, you would presumably
oppose the pardoning of all such "criminals."

Oh, you wouldn't? Then you're not concerned about "checks and
balances," but you just don't like full drug legalization.

-Declan