CDR: Re: Ho to KICK OUT Junkbusters users

Max Inux maxinux at openpgp.net
Sat Oct 28 12:32:33 PDT 2000

>I have a website (www.algebra.com) that makes money from banners. I have
>a suspicion that a small percentage of my users uses Junkbusters proxy
>in order to avoid seeing my banners.
>
>I do not want to serve such users at all and I do not want them to use
>my bandwidth.
>
>Is there any way to detect a user of Junkbusters in a CGI/mod_perl script?
>
>Thanks
>
>	- Igor.

Are you payed per impression or display?  Odds are blocking them wont make
them leave anyways, if there is something of value, they will outsmart
your blocking.  A common thing for people to do also is to use DNS entries
for doublclick and all the other add servers so they dont talk to the
hsots, or use other software, JunkBuster is not the only solution.

Max Inux
<maxinux at openpgp.net> 0xE42A7FB1 http://www.openpgp.net
Key fingerprint = E4CA 2B4F 24FC B1BF E671  52D0 9E4B A590 E42A 7FB1
       If crypto is outlawed only outlaws will have crypto.
               'An it harm none, let it be done'