CDR: Gort in granny-shades (was Re: Al Gore goes

Oskar Sandberg md98-osa at nada.kth.se
Sat Oct 28 05:17:38 PDT 2000

On Fri, Oct 27, 2000 at 10:48:35PM -0400, Kevin Elliott wrote:
> At 15:38 -0400 10/27/00, sunder wrote:
> >"Riad S. Wahby" wrote:
> >

> >>  Ah, but you are forgetting.  It was the power from humans "combined
> >>  with a form of fusion."  Everything, when combined with a form of
> >>  fusion, makes a good movie energy source.
>
> That really amused me as well.  After all, if you've got fusion why
> bother with the human- cut out the middle man as it were...  Somthing
> along the lines of "they needed substantial neural net capacity for
> their to improve their RC-5 key rate" would have been more reasonable.

Maybe they really were being used as batteries, for portability. After
all, it is beginning to seem obvious that electronics will never produce a
battery that can power a laptop for more than like 2 minutes - even if the
AI had fixed fusion stations, they may need to load up a couple of humans
whenever they wanted to go walkabout (or sentinelling or whatever).

"The new Human-Smasher toy with 200 easily breakable features - every
little AIlings dream! (2 AA humans required and sold seperately.)"

--
'DeCSS would be fine. Where is it?'
'Here,' Montag touched his head.

Oskar Sandberg