CDR: Dealing with Spam from Esther Dyson

Tim May tcmay at got.net
Fri Oct 27 18:47:17 PDT 2000

So, Esther Dyson, whom I have never corresponded with, is spamming me
with this crap.

Any suggestions from Cypherpunks on how to deal with this nuisance?
I'm not sure she needs killing, despite her criminal acts with ICANN,
but other suggestions are welcome.

--Tim May

At 10:55 AM -0400 10/27/00, Esther Dyson wrote:
>Dear Tim May,
>
>Intellectual Property on the Net (12/94), the implications of the
>Web on privacy in Labels and Disclosure, Part II: Privacy (2/97),
>The Open-Source Revolution (11/98), broadband open access in The
>Architecture of Internet 2.0 (2-99), new content models in The Web
>Goes into Syndication (7-8/99), peer-to-peer networking in Data
>Soup: The Client is the Server (4/00). If you were reading Release
>1.0, you would have read about these topics early.
>
>That's the mission of Release 1.0, the monthly newsletter I produce
>with editor Kevin Werbach. We take pleasure not just in filtering
>the huge amount of news, announcements and products and services
>that this market produces, but in figuring out what emerging trends
>mean for you before your competitors do.
>
>Subscribe online today at
><http://www.release1-0.com>www.Release1-0.com and join the other
>industry leaders who stay ahead of the curve with an annual
>subscription to Release 1.0. For only $795 you will get:
>
>* 11 monthly issues,
>* a Release 1.0 binder in which to file them,
>* the PC Forum 2000 transcript (a $300 value), and
>* a FREE special-edition Release 1.0 baseball cap.
>
>Kevin and I fill Release 1.0 with insights on the latest
>technologies and the companies that are forging our future. For 15
>years, we've consistently nailed the big ideas and big trends before
>they've become the vogue. Isn't it time you joined such industry
>leaders as John Doerr, Mary Meeker, Ray Ozzie, Marc Andreessen,
>Michael Dell, Jim Barksdale, Ann Winblad, Martin Nisenholtz, Eric
>Schmidt and Bill Joy as a Release 1.0 subscriber?
>
>Visit <http://www.release1-0.com>www.Release1-0.com now and complete
>the online subscription form. Be sure to use 900ER1 as your personal
>marketing code to get this great offer.
>
>**Sign up before November 15 and get your PC Forum 2001 invitation
>with your November issue.**
>
>At Release 1.0, we will continue to lead the conversation and to
>keep it lively. I hope you ll join us. What we write about now will
>start to matter sooner than you think!
>
>Sincerely yours,
>
>Esther Dyson
>Editor-in-Chief, Release 1.0
>
>P.S. If you would prefer not to receive any further information
>about EDventure's activities, please let Joanna
>(<mailto:joanna at edventure.com>joanna at edventure.com) in my office
>know and we will be sure to remove you from our list.

"Cyphernomicon"             | black markets, collapse of governments.