CDR: RE: Congress proposes raiding census records.

sunder sunder at sunder.net
Fri Oct 27 12:34:21 PDT 2000

Lucky Green wrote:

> I only answered the first question in the last census: how many people live
> at that address (or something to that effect). The rest I crossed out with
> fat black permanent marker. The result: no visits from the census taker. No
> inquiries from the Census Office. No fine. No repercussions of any kind.
>
> I am puzzled why anybody would have bothered to answer the remaining
> questions.

I've answered none of the questions.  Just simply put the questionaire
in the appropriate recycling bin.  And the follow up.  I made sure I didn't
answer the door when the Censuswhores were walking the streets.

Perhaps ten years from now when the next one hits, I'll tell them why I
won't answer any questions, and when they inform me of my protected
privacy, I'll point to the recently mentioned bills.

--
 + ^ + :Surveillance cameras|Passwords are like underwear. You don't /|\