CDR: RE: Parties

Carskadden, Rush carskar at netsolve.net
Fri Oct 27 13:23:31 PDT 2000

Eric,
     Glad to hear that all it takes to "get your vote" is a reckless
executive pardon of criminals that is designed to utilize executive power to
bypass the checks and balances system and negate the efforts of the
legislative and judicial branches of government (known in some circles as
"saying 'fuck the constitution'"). So to clarify (because I am completely
baffled), you are saying it doesn't matter what the outcome of any
legislative effort is at all? You seem to be saying that you are in favor of
voting on your own "concious" (conscience?) regardless of outcome. So when
they take every freedom you have, when your social security number is bought
and sold amongst governments and big businesses, when every facet of your
life is documented and displayed publicly, with any attempt at obfuscation
deemed illegal, you will say that it is ok, because you voted with your
conscience, and it didn't matter if your cause won.
     Of course it matters. At least to me it does. You may not agree, but I
would like to see my privacy and personal freedoms protected by the
government (in addition to my own strong efforts at defending them myself).
That is not the case right now, and the Libertarian party has done fuck all
to change it. So my question to you, posed for the third time, is whether
you think it is easier to give a third party (you seem to think that it
should be the Libertarian party, and I tend to agree with you) viability in
Washington with our efforts (or rather MY efforts, as you are quite content
to lose the fight), or whether it would be easier to convince an existing
power to take up our cause. I am not currently trying to start a third
party. I think I was very clear in my initial email about the third party
talk being theoretical. I am in no position to be in the business of
redefining political partisanship, and if I was, I would not have achieved
that position by asking opinions of people who assert that crypto anarchy
will make governments obsolete in the near future. In short, thank you again
for your Andy Rooney moment, but you seem to have abandoned the question
completely.

ok,
Rush Carskadden