CDR: RE: CIA in Oregon, Intelink

John Young jya at pipeline.com
Wed Oct 25 17:02:31 PDT 2000

Yes, the BXA ISTAC is familiar since I'm on its
mailing list. The CIA ISTAC is a different dog.
And it was the Oregon rep which surprised, not
the Vienna, VA and DC addresses. Why Oregon?
Intel, Microsoft, In-Q-tel, or another bedmate helping
equip and run Intelink?

Intelink is reportedly restricted to those with
intelligence need to know, and is blocked
to outsiders. However, IC.GOV has been around
a while and I wondered if a wizard here might
know a way to finagle access.

Here are few specific URLs provided in the DoD
Intelligence Information System Instructions
2000:

Intelligence Community PKI activities:

   http://www.iccio.ic.gov/

DIA page:

   http://www.dia.ic.gov/proj/dodiis/dodiis.html

JITF Intelink:

  http://web1.rome.ic.gov:82/vtf.cgi

Here's the URL for the DoDIISI2000 doc:

http://www.dia.mil/Graphics/Intel_community/dodiis_2000/0204_DoDIISInstr_Fin
al.doc

(The URL may wrap.)

For the dark side of the Albright bearhug, the DIA FOIA site
offers the "North Korea Country Handbook," May, 1997,
prepared by the intel community, and published by the
Marine Corps Intelligence Acitivity:

   http://www.dia.mil/Graphics/FOIA/nk/nkor.pdf  (429 pages, 5.6MB)

It could be useful to those intending to exchange URLs with
the Chief of NOFOIA DPKR.