CDR: RE: why should it be trusted?

Lucky Green shamrock at cypherpunks.to
Wed Oct 25 01:10:13 PDT 2000

Nathan Saper wrote:
> I think the government has a right to do whatever it needs to do
> to maintain
> the health and well-being of its population.  That is the purpose of
> the government.

What is going on? Where are all these communists and fascists coming from
that are populating our list nowadays? Why don't they crawl back under
whatever rock they used to be?

You are forgetting that government has some clear defined duties in this
country. The duties are spelled out in the paragraph below:

"We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal,
that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable rights, that
among these are life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness. That to secure
these rights, governments are instituted among men, deriving their just
powers from the consent of the governed".

No, meeting one of the requirements (life) at the expense of the others does
not count.

--Lucky Green <shamrock at cypherpunks.to>

  "Anytime you decrypt... its against the law".
   Jack Valenti, President, Motion Picture Association of America in
   a sworn deposition, 2000-06-06