CDR: Re: why should it be trusted?

Jim Choate ravage at ssz.com
Mon Oct 23 05:46:09 PDT 2000

On Mon, 23 Oct 2000, R. A. Hettinga wrote:

> At 11:36 PM -0700 on 10/22/00, Nathan Saper wrote:

> > Then what is the purpose of our government?
>
> To confiscate taxes by force, of course. ;-).
>
> So long, Nathan, and thanks for all the red herring... <Plonk!>

Speaking of red herring (will you go <Plonk!> now Robert? I didn't think
so):

No, until the SC found the personal income tax legal less than 100 years
ago this was not a valid statement. And it isn't valid today. It is an
expression of the typical anarchist/libertarian bullshit whereby they want
to reap the benefits of a large and dyamic society and its economic market
without having to actualy participate in it.

It is EXACTLY the sort of viewpoints that Hayek warns against with respect
to losses of individual freedom.

                     He is able who thinks he is able.

                                           Buddha

       Austin, Tx               /:'///// ``::>/|/      ravage at ssz.com