CDR: Re: why should it be trusted?

Tim May tcmay at got.net
Sun Oct 22 23:31:42 PDT 2000

At 10:35 PM -0700 10/22/00, Nathan Saper wrote:

>This is true in theory.  However, from what I have read, it appears
>that the care given to these people is far from the quality of care
>given to those who can pay.  Also, many diseases require very
>expensive treatments, and I do not believe the hospitals are required
>to pay for these.

As I wrote in my previous article, IT IS NOT TRUE that private
hospitals must accept all those who appear at their doorstep. This
would be a "taking," and is not constitutionally permissable.

It may be that _some_ private hospitals take in _some_ emergency room
cases, but they are not "required" to.

--Tim May

"Cyphernomicon"             | black markets, collapse of governments.