CDR: Re: Tim May's anti-semitic rants

James A.. Donald jamesd at echeque.com
Fri Oct 20 08:38:31 PDT 2000

     --

At 02:14 AM 10/20/2000 -0700, petro wrote:
 >	He's bashing a completely facist and dictatorial country of
 >	which a sizeable number of citizens are completely willing to
 >	commit genocide of the very same kind that was once waged
 >	against them.
 >
 >	I cannot recall seeing him bash *jews*, rather he bashes
 >	Isreal.

Last night I was channel surfing, I saw an interview with a prominent title
"Profiles in terror".  The anchorman was interviewing the Secretary General
of the Hezbollah, an organization invariably described as terrorist in our
press, even though it, unlike most Arab states, and unlike Israel, usually
obeys the laws of war.

The interviewer asked the Secretary General about the conditions under
which the Israeli prisoners were being held.  He did not answer.  Instead
he said (from memory, not his exact words)

: : 	We have four Israeli soldiers prisoner (gives ranks and
: : 	brief description).  They were each captured on occupied
: : 	Lebanese territory (gives location of capture).  The
: : 	Israelis hold nineteen Hezbollah soldiers prisoner, all of
: : 	them captured in Lebanon, many of them taken in raids on
: : 	their homes.   Why is no one asking about these prisoners
: : 	and the conditions under which they are held?

     --digsig
          James A. Donald
      Lt0VaMb+41MyRGPEUTS6aV9HpxWpUqwytQrnAE0
      4mE/Cq70vAsRpZIWGz/tmwEKrB84syXcD3lbv5eKK