CDR: Re: Anyone know easy symmetric cypher for perl?

petro petro at bounty.org
Fri Oct 20 01:42:55 PDT 2000

>At 12:24 AM 10/19/00 -0700, Petro wrote:
>>>I need a perl module or a function that would perform symmetric key
>>>encryption/decryption. I need it to encode secret information in
>>>URLs. Thanks
>>
>>	I thought you were brighter than that Igor.
>>
>>	http://search.cpan.org/search?mode=module&query=encrypt
>
>"No modules found matching 'encrypt' "
>
>http://search.cpan.org/search?mode=module&query=crypt , on the other hand...

http://search.cpan.org/search?mode=module&query=encrypt

got me:

4 modules found in 4 distributions matching 'encrypt'

CGI-EncryptForm-1.02  by  Peter Marelas
Released
24th October 1999
CGI::EncryptForm  - Implement trusted stateful CGI Form Data using
cryptography.
1.02

GnuPG-0.07  by  Francis J. Lacoste
Released
15th August 2000
GnuPG::Tie::Encrypt  - Tied filehandle interface to encryption with the GNU
Privacy Guard.

HTML-EP-0.2010  by  Jochen Wiedmann
Released
15th December 1999
HTML::EP::CGIEncryptForm  - An EP interface to the CGI::EncryptForm
module

Tie-EncryptedHash-1.0  by  Vipul Ved Prakash
Released
2nd September 2000
Tie::EncryptedHash  - Hashes (and objects based on hashes) with encrypting
fields.

--
Sometimes it is said that man can not be trusted with the government