CDR: Re: Reading list

Me commerce at home.com
Thu Oct 19 18:23:17 PDT 2000

From: "Tim May" <tcmay at got.net>
> Indeed. We used to have the reasonable expectation that nearly
> everyone on the list had some familiarity with the "classics."
For
> example... Vinge's "True Names."

True Names and the Opening of the Cyberspace Frontier:
A study of True Names, Vernor Vinge's critically acclaimed
novella that invented the concept of cyberspace, features that
complete text of the novella, as well as articles by Richard
Stallman, John Markoff, Hans Moravec, Patricia Maes, Timothy May,
and others.

(cough cough)royalties(cough cough cough)