CDR: Re: judges needing killing...

Ray Dillinger bear at sonic.net
Thu Oct 19 15:47:46 PDT 2000

On Thu, 19 Oct 2000, jim bell wrote:

>Naturally, a chemical solution (pun not directly intended...but I'll take it
>anyway) becomes apparent.  If the ultimate motivation of the car siezures is
>to sell them and keep the money, what would happen if somebody acquired a
>few ounces or gallons of PCB's (poly-chlorinated biphenyls; common in
>20+year-old (non-electrolytic) capacitors), and sprayed them (only a very
>tiny amount per car should be necessary, maybe 1 milliliter or so?) into
>those siezed cars though a broken window (or injected through door seals).
>Naturally, it would  be important to anonymously call the local newspaper or
>TV stations and report on what had occurred, possibly the EPA as well.  That
>car would suddenly change from a $10,000 asset into possibly a $100,000
>liability for the agency which siezed them..
>
>Just a thought

A thought, however, requiring people to handle PCB's -- which
are no fun whatsoever, heavily regulated, hard to acquire (albeit
relatively easy to synthesize), and all-around poisonous.  That's
damaging more than just the criminals in this case.  That's damaging
the planet.

Instead, consider the possibilities of putrescine -- it's easier
to synthesize, totally harmless ecologically speaking, legal to
own (and legal to spill on your *own* property prior to seizure)
and while it doesn't actually make the car into a 100K liability,
it does make it so that nobody except a scrap metal dealer would
ever pay any money for it.

Don't inhale anywhere nearby after you open the vial though;  If
you do, you *will* puke.

The stuff *NEVER* comes out, either.

				Bear