CDR: Re: why should it be trusted?

Kevin Elliott k-elliott at wiu.edu
Thu Oct 19 11:26:48 PDT 2000

At 22:42 -0700 10/18/00, Nathan Saper wrote:
>Coverage is most often less expensive than care.  Therefore, one may
>be able to afford the coverage, but not afford the care, if it ends up
>being required.

BAHHHHHHHHHHH....LOL.... God, that's the funniest thing I've ever
read.  BY DEFINITION, care is cheaper that coverage in the average
case.  You've already told us how the insurance companies have
managed to aquire billions in profits.  Where do you think they got
them?  They looked at the numbers and realized that for a
sufficiently large group of people the cost of paying that groups
medical bills will be less than the amount that groups members will
be willing to pay on a monthly basis to own a safety net.
--

"As nightfall does not come at once, neither does oppression. In both
instances, there is a twilight when everything remains seemingly