CDR: Re: Insurance (was: why should it be trusted?)

Declan McCullagh declan at well.com
Thu Oct 19 09:57:58 PDT 2000

On Thu, Oct 19, 2000 at 07:53:19AM -0700, James A.. Donald wrote:
> Without property rights to separate one man's plan from another man's plan,
> only one plan can be permitted, and any pursuit of alternate goals, or
> pursuit of the same goals through alternate methods is "wrecking", and must
> be crushed.

I might be tempted to agree with you, but I think David Friedman's
Machinery of Freedom (which I was reading last night) might have
something to say about the above.

It should be required reading for all cpunx anyway (not saying you
haven't read it -- this is simply a general suggestion to the rest of
the list).

-Declan