CDR: Re: ADL lists anarchy symbol as racist

Jim Burnes jburnes at savvis.net
Thu Oct 19 08:24:29 PDT 2000

On Wed, 18 Oct 2000, Tim May wrote:
> At 6:55 PM -0400 10/18/00, Jim Burnes wrote:
> >On Wed, 18 Oct 2000, anonymous at openpgp.net wrote:
> >>  http://www.adl.org/hate_symbols/racist_anarchy_symbol.html
> >
> >Wow.  Runic alphabets are verboten also.
>
> "Verboten"?
>
> You just used a German word. I'm reporting you to the Zionist League.

Hehe.  I was going to do the tiresome emoticon thingy after 'verboten',
but I rightly assumed that someone would enjoy the irony in it without
having to hammer it home.  I was not dissapointed. The twist was actually
unintentional.

I usually use 'verboten' to mean, not just forbidden, but forbidden
by the thought police.  The irony is delicious.  I mean, who would have
thought that the usage drummed into me by all those Hollywood war
movies would eventually be used to describe....oh never mind...

jim

--
Sometimes it is said that man can not be trusted with the government of
himself. Can he, then, be trusted with the government of others? Or have we