CDR: Re: Re: Re: why should it be trusted?

Ray Dillinger bear at sonic.net
Thu Oct 19 08:43:06 PDT 2000

On Wed, 18 Oct 2000, Neil Johnson wrote:

>But the Bob has no control of his risk (genetics), or at least not yet :).
>The insurance company does.

Say What?!  Sorry, no insurance company has the power to say who
is and is not born with particular genetics.

>I don't have a problem with insurance companies raising rates for people who
>smoke, are overweight (cough, cough), or have high cholesterol (cough,
>cough, cough). That's behavior that can be changed.

You speak as though the insurance companies business where arbitration
of morals rather than arbitration of risks.  They can't make money
arbitrating morals -- at least not without becoming religions.

				Bear