CDR: Re: I created the "Al Gore created the Internet" story

Roy M. Silvernail sc4tal19 at idt.net
Wed Oct 18 20:55:13 PDT 2000

At 03:53 PM 10/18/00 -0400, Harmon wrote:
>              I had a fidonet node for awhile.  The concept really needs to be
>revived -- and combined with more recent developments like Publius, freenet,
>and gnutella.

I _still_ have a running UUCP node (on a MickeySoft box, at that).  Given
that UUCP was designed to run arbitrary programs on remote hosts and route
their output, it seems to me this is an ideal transport mechanism.
            Roy M. Silvernail     [ ]     sc4tal19 at idt.net
DNRC Minister Plenipotentiary of All Things Confusing, Software Division
PGP Public Key fingerprint =  31 86 EC B9 DB 76 A7 54  13 0B 6A 6B CC 09 18 B6
                  Key available from pubkey at scytale.com
             I charge to process unsolicited commercial email