CDR: Re: I created the "Al Gore created the Internet" story

Harmon Seaver hseaver at harmon.arrowhead.lib.mn.us
Wed Oct 18 15:14:29 PDT 2000

"Trei, Peter" wrote:

> Actually, by 86, the Mac was out, as was the PC/AT and (I think) the
> Amiga. These were much more capable machines than the Apple ][.

          Also there was a Tandy Model B with a "6000" conversion which
consisted of a 6030 (? might have only been a 6010 or so, I can't remember)  --
anyway, it ran SCO Xenix.  I got a used one in '88, and it was seemed a good
bit faster than the 286 I bought in '87.  Multiuser, true multitasking unix.
Very cool machine. Kinda' funky graphics tho. I think there was a better
graphics board that I couldn't afford at the time.

--
Harmon Seaver, MLIS     Systems Librarian
Arrowhead Library System        Virginia, MN