CDR: Re: Re: why should it be trusted?

Neil Johnson njohnson at interl.net
Tue Oct 17 21:06:29 PDT 2000

Yes, I can see it now.

"I'm sorry I have to tell you this Mr. & Mrs. May, but the genetic tests required by your insurance company have revealed that your unborn child has a 65% chance of developing an expensive to treat and possibly severely debilitating condition requiring many operations, doctor visits, therapy, special equipment, round the clock nursing. etc.

Since we have already passed this information on to your insurance company as required by the terms of your policy, they are recommending and will pay you to terminate the pregnancy and to have both you and your husband sterilized. Otherwise they will not pay for your pre-natal care, the delivery, or any future treatment of your child.

Of course you can opt for our "High Genetic Risk Policy" at $XXXXX thousands of dollars a month (which is probably equal to or more expensive than the cost of paying for the possible medical costs on your own IF the condition occurs. Which you would, since Medicare/Medicaid was ended in the last round of "Compassionate Conservatism").

We will be passing this information onto your brothers, sisters and other relatives insurance companies so they can require their sterilization. Frankly, your entire family tree needs to be "pruned" to coin a phrase.

If you disagree with this decision you can appeal by our completely fair and unbiased arbitration process of course."

Neil M. Johnson
njohnson at interl.net
http://www.interl.net/~njohnson
PGP Key Finger Print: 93C0 793F B66E A0C7  CEEA 3E92 6B99 2DCC