CDR: Re: why should it be trusted?

petro petro at bounty.org
Tue Oct 17 22:17:17 PDT 2000

>>  >Even if they do (which I haven't heard of, but I could be wrong), the
>>  >trend right now is more corporate power, less governmental power.  As
>>  >I said before, we are already seeing this trend, what with
>>  >corporations able to circumvent countries' environmental codes and
>>  >whatnot.  It will only get worse.
>>
>>  	Then you aren't paying attention.
>>
>>  	Corporations have *NO* power over you that doesn't come from
>>  the barrel of a government gun.
>
>That's like saying that the person with the power in a police
>department is the street cop, because he's the one doing the actual
>arrest.
>
>The one calling the shots is the one to be afraid of.

	No. The one *shooting* is the one to be afraid of.

	Without governments Companies (not corporations, corporations
are inherently creatures of the state) would have to do their
bullying directly and that would severely cut into the bottom line.
--
Sometimes it is said that man can not be trusted with the government