CDR: Re: Anonymous Remailers cpunk

An Metet anmetet at mixmaster.shinn.net
Tue Oct 17 05:58:30 PDT 2000

In <Pine.LNX.3.96.1001016230116.30086J-100000 at einstein.ssz.com>, you
write:

> On 17 Oct 2000, Anonymous wrote:
>
> > Pipe the message into GPG and test the output on STDERR.
> >
> > There was some perl code posted to the list not too long ago which
> > does this.
>
> So, now everyone has to use GPG. Why? How do you propose to answer
> the increased attacks on the protocol now that you've made it the
> monopoly?

Who said anything about switching to GPG?

My code uses GPG to determine if a message contains OpenPGP formatted
data. In my tests the code is able to determine if a message contains
data which has been encrypted/signed with PGP 2.6.3 _and_ GPG. I have
not tested messages encrypted/signed with PGP 5.x or PGP 6.x.

> I thought the point of anonymous remailers and commen crypto was to
> enhance liberty rather than enforce (coerce) another standard.

You obviously have not tried the code. Please do so.

--
septic-admin