CDR: [texas-hpr] Whiskey, Cigars, and Guns (fwd)

Jim Choate ravage at EINSTEIN.ssz.com
Mon Oct 16 19:51:57 PDT 2000

                     He is able who thinks he is able.

                                           Buddha

       Austin, Tx               /:'///// ``::>/|/      ravage at ssz.com
                           -====~~mm-'`-```-mm --'-

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Mon, 16 Oct 2000 21:39:36 -0500
From: "Jon H. Ruehle" <coolruehle at yahoo.com>
To: nhrc-list at dars.org, rocketry-texas-hpr at egroups.com,
    rocketry-austin at egroups.com
Subject: [texas-hpr] Whiskey, Cigars, and Guns

I read Mark Bundick's latest article on the NAR/TRA fight with the Bureau of
Whiskey, Cigars, and Guns. It ocurred to me that we could solve the funding
problem in this manner:

I got some official membership numbers from TRA & NAR. TRA has 3900 and NAR
has 3700 adult members for a combined total of 7,600. So that would make a
$10 donation necessary to meet the goal of $75,000 that is needed to fight
the BATF in court.

That seems like a small price to pay (if that's is really all that is
needed) to help solve the problem.

I just wonder how long they will last (the money and the trial) and will
there be more money needed?

I realize that the NAR members would not benefit as much as TRA, but it
seems only fitting that low power model rocet motors would be next on the
BATF list, so it would be in the interest of NAR low power modelers to pitch
in too. I fly both, so it is of interest to me.

Jon H. Ruehle
NASA Houston Rocket Club
Tripoli Rocketry Association #08430

Restaurants, Movies, Weather, Traffic & More!
Access Tellme from any phone.  For more info visit:
http://click.egroups.com/1/9534/10/_/7662/_/971750382/