CDR: Re: why should it be trusted?

James A.. Donald jamesd at echeque.com
Mon Oct 16 21:06:50 PDT 2000

     --
At 02:34 PM 10/15/2000 -0700, Nathan Saper wrote:
 > > > IMHO, the NSA has enough expertise and technology to crack just
 > > > about any cipher out there.

James A. Donald:

At 10:26 PM 10/15/2000 -0700, Nathan Saper wrote:
 > Assuming we can evaluate accurately the magnitude of what goes on
 > inside the NSA...

I know vastly more about cryptography than you do, and people who know
vastly more about cryptography than I are confident that codes that pass
lengthy peer review by themselves and people as good as they are, are
unlikely to be broken by the NSA.

     --digsig
          James A. Donald
      ZlLhlzxncCnQOkHB8te81wDKtqWhcCTT3ldo+CKM
      4lKVCVGVGO8ePP0CTWjDpfM+MInzJaH477ddm+DDY