CDR: Re: why should it be trusted?

James A.. Donald jamesd at echeque.com
Sun Oct 15 19:11:19 PDT 2000

     --
At 02:34 PM 10/15/2000 -0700, Nathan Saper wrote:
 > IMHO, the NSA has enough expertise and technology to crack just
 > about any cipher out there.

No it does not.

The expertise of the NSA, great though it is, is small compared to the
expertise outside the NSA.

 > As much as that may suck, there isn't a whole lot we can do about
 > it.  Besides, in the new world of globalization, I think we should
 > be worrying more about corporations than about the NSA.

Have you been sealed in a box the last ten years?  Companies may send you
junk mail.  Governments will confiscate your property and put you in jail,.

     --digsig
          James A. Donald
      qZj5j+f7JSR/ABzZK5+/yir7dimu3IsDLh8h4sB/
      48gAnJ2OI1E8YcgQ/re3gj59q4FMPy3wGT4nB6PZ8