CDR: Re: New OLD cryptograph patent for NSA

Ken Brown k.brown at ccs.bbk.ac.uk
Fri Oct 13 08:14:26 PDT 2000

I guess they wanted the patent for recognition. A sort of pat on the
back.

The government grants patents so I suppose they can grant themselves as
many as they like if it makes them feel good.  Rendering unto Caesar
what is Caesar's.

Whit Diffie gave an interesting talk about intellectual priority and
scholarly recognition at UCL over here a couple of years ago - of course
the spooks don't get any outside their own fences, the poor little
lambs...

Ken Brown