CDR: simonsingh on bbc

anonymous at openpgp.net anonymous at openpgp.net
Thu Oct 12 10:05:57 PDT 2000

I am currently presenting a TV series for Channel 4
             in Britain, entitled The Science of Secrecy. It airs on
             Thursday nights at either 9.00 or 9.30pm until November
             2. The final programme includes an exclusive interview
             with Clifford Cocks, the secret co-inventor of RSA. This is
             the first time that a British Government cryptographer has
             been permitted to talk about his work. Details of the series
             can be found on the Channel 4 website

             The series is accompanied by a book entitled The
             Science of Secrecy. Please note, this is an adaptation of
             The Code Book, and so it will not be of interest to
             anybody who has already read The Code Book. It has
             the advantage of following the series more closely and
             contains more illustrations. Hence, I would certainly
             recommend it to anybody who has not read The Code
             Book, and who wants to learn more about cryptography
             having watched the TV series.

             I hope that the TV series will be shown overseas, but as
             yet there are no plans to do this.

http://www.simonsingh.com/cipher.htm