CDR: Re: Gov. Bush links Columbine massacre to Internet use

David Honig honig at sprynet.com
Thu Oct 12 08:17:04 PDT 2000

At 11:56 PM 10/11/00 -0400, Mac Norton wrote:
>Let me see if I understand this.  It's okay to blame the Net for
>Columbine as long as you don't call for licensing.  So it's OK
>to blame gunshows for gun murders as long as you don't call
>for licensing?  Right?
>MacN

You can 'blame' anyone for anything anytime you don't like their message..
doesn't mean you can control
it with state violence.. e.g., religion, hollywood, erotica, nra, nambla,
Democratic party, kkk, teletubbies, etc.  Ie, your 'blame' is as cheap as
your words.  Pretty simple, really: sticks and stones can break your bones,
but bits will never hurt you.

(Unless you're a content producer getting napsterized, but that's another
thread :-)