CDR: Re: Make legal threats, go to jail for 20 years

Tim May tcmay at got.net
Thu Oct 12 10:46:01 PDT 2000

At 12:46 PM -0400 10/12/00, Declan McCullagh wrote:
>This is from a bill that both the House and Senate passed (yesterday):
>
>Whoever knowingly provides or obtains the labor or services of a
>person...by means of the abuse or threatened abuse of law or the
>legal process,
>shall be fined under this title or imprisoned not more than 20 years, or both.

>I can imagine some abuses of this, in workplace situations or divorce cases...

As Jim Burnes said in his post this morning, increasing fascism may
be a Good Thing.

(Though I've been watching the escalation of fascism for 35+ years
and it hasn't seemed to have brought us any closer to the point where
patriots will rise up and take back their country. A few nests of
statists blown up, a few corrupt politicians assassinated, but not
much else.)

As for this new law, it's par for the course. It's Yet Another Law to
pressure the proles with. Used as a bargaining chip.

Tell me, anyone, will Bill Clinton ever face _any_ actual prison time
for lying to a court, for suborning perjury by his staff, for
threatening Kathleeen Willey and others?

Is anyone in the White House facing imprisonment for illegally
obtaining and using confidential FBI files for political purposes?
The Feds are anxious to prosecute poltical opponents for merely
obtaining Social Security Numbers illegally, but do nothing when the
White House does it.

(And what of the U.S. Marshal's service releasing the SSN of _me_ and
including innuendo that I am planning to assassinate a federal judge?
Believe me, when this happened I went on high alert. I figured a set
up raid was coming.)

This new law cited above, one of thousands, will be used precisely by
the Power Elite to suppress their enemies.

--Tim May

"Cyphernomicon"             | black markets, collapse of governments.