CDR: Re: Gov. Bush links Columbine massacre to Internet use

Tim May tcmay at got.net
Thu Oct 12 10:29:53 PDT 2000

At 12:14 PM -0500 10/12/00, Jim Burnes wrote:
>On Wed, 11 Oct 2000, Tim May wrote:
>

>>  Normally I vote Libertarian. This year I may vote for Bush as a vote
>>  for who will do me, us, and the Constitution the lesser damage of the
>>  two. (All voting is about bang for the buck, about effectiveness of a
>>  vote...an election is not about "voting for the best man," it is
>>  instead about minimizing damage.)
>>

>>  --Tim May
>
>Actually, your vote should be about getting what you want, not what
>you don't want.  The quickest way to do that now is to consistently vote
>for the worst possible candidate.

Possibly.

All votes are about "cost/benefit" issues. The cost of voting, the
benefits of voting, and further subdivided into the benefits of
voting for various candidates.

In most cases, the costs of voting exceed any expected benefits.
Merely travelling to a polling place and spending half an hour or so
voting is a cost greater than the benefits.

Spending tens of hours watching news coverage of the election process
is in a different league of wasted effort altogether.

--Tim May

"Cyphernomicon"             | black markets, collapse of governments.