CDR: RE: Non-Repudiation in the Digital Environment (was Re: First Mo nday August 2000)

Mike Just mike.just at entrust.com
Wed Oct 11 08:47:40 PDT 2000

I'll add two words to the list: "support" (as opposed to "provide"), and
"accountability." I prefer to say that a digital signature is a tool that
"supports accountability."  I suppose that "supports non-repudiation" would
be fine as well.  My concern is when the phrase "provides non-repudiation"
is used it implies that complete non-repudiation can be provided technically
(which I don't believe is the case).

Mike J.