CDR: Re: Ralph Nader sends privacy survey to Bush and Gore campaigns

Jim Burnes jburnes at savvis.net
Tue Oct 10 10:35:18 PDT 2000

On Tue, 10 Oct 2000, Declan McCullagh wrote:
> I think communism has too many negative connotations to be used nowadays...
> So communitarian is a new word for the old philosophy. Kinda like
> progressive as a replacement for statist or whatnot.
>
> -Declan
>
> At 12:20 10/10/2000 -0500, Jim Burnes wrote:
> >Could someone cogently explain the difference between communitarians
> >and communists?
> >
> >I get the impression that communitarians were sort of a communist/fascist
> >hybrid, but I'm sure someone has a more elegant explanation.

Yeah.  In the dim, dusty recesses of my memory I seem to recall the
Communitarian zeal with something the NWO types are calling 'The
Third Way'.  A way of involving business and government together
to create social change.  Last time I checked thats called Fascism.
But it has a fuzzy "community" flavor to it that smaks of the communist
meme.

A memetic psychologist would have a field day with it.

"The iron hand in a velvet glove"

jim
--
Sometimes it is said that man can not be trusted with the government of
himself. Can he, then, be trusted with the government of others? Or have we