CDR: Re: Ralph Nader sends privacy survey to Bush and Gore campaigns

Bill Stewart regsupport at netscape.com
Mon Oct 9 23:38:22 PDT 2000

Meanwhile, the Bush and Gore campaigns are doing their own
discussion on privacy policies, led by Markey, who thinks
that the Feds have a right to control what goes on Cable TV
because lots of people watch Public Television on cable,
(Goldsmith I don't know... Robbin, do you know him?)
and moderated by Etzioni, who doesn't believe your right to
privacy includes keeping the Feds from eavesdropping,
and invented "Fair Cryptography" to make it easier for them.

I seem to remember Etzioni being tied into the Communitarian
movement as well.

Much as I think the Naderites are wrong in their idea that
more government control can improve privacy,
this seems like a setup for a debate on
"Privacy - Threat or Menace"....