CDR: Re: Niiice kitty....

James A.. Donald jamesd at echeque.com
Sat Oct 7 16:24:31 PDT 2000

     --
At 02:12 PM 10/7/2000 -0400, Tim May wrote:
 > As for Chomsky, I've been deleting all of the recent posts arguing
 > pro- or con-Chomsky.

You did not miss much.

In the most recent Chomsky thread, all the same things were said, as have
been said so many times before.  Indeed, I have traced the canonical
Chomsky thread back to 1967.

The canonical thread goes as follows:

Chomsky critic:  "Chomsky distorts and misrepresents the sources he cites,
and attributes arguments, evidence, and statements to people that they did
not make.

Do
{
	Chomsky defender:  "No he does not.  Produce examples.  No one has ever
given any examples of Chomsky doing such a thing."

	Chomsky critic produces his favorite examples again.

} while (patience remains);

     --digsig
          James A. Donald
      BAnB6UM20wXOg3nqf2/f5M+g0eEq+ETNu3QkxQDR
      48hVyE3jP0JHqB9vRs1ecJRcj6KWCgU/wxEAQHdzU