CDR: Re: Niiice kitty....

Reese reeza at flex.com
Sat Oct 7 13:53:52 PDT 2000

At 08:27 AM 07/10/00 -0700, James A.. Donald wrote:

 >Merely a denial, not a rebuttal:

Now who is splitting hairs?

 >This essay does not actually claim that the people cited by Chomsky said
 >the things that Chomsky attributes to them.  In particular it presents no
 >actual examples of massacre reports that were discovered to be false.

In particular, it presents that those now-infamous paragraphs you've
finger-wagged, were actually cobbled together from the summary and intro-
duction to Volume 1 of "The Political Economy of Human Rights", without
ellipses to denote their true origin.

 >It answers none of the criticisms that I or other people have made of
 >Chomsky.

Then you don't know how to read, and are beginning to be a bore.

 >Most flagrantly, it ignores the fact that Chomsky's position, and the
 >radical left position, on Cambodia changed abruptly and radically when
 >Soviet foriegn policy changed in January 1979, quoting statements that
 >Chomsky made after 1979 as evidence that he did not mean the things he said
 >before 1979.

You've yet to present anything he has said (with proper source), from
post 1979, for comparison with proper quote and attribution, from pre-
1979.

Last chance.

Reese