CDR: Re: stego for the censored

petro petro at bounty.org
Sat Oct 7 02:11:16 PDT 2000

>On Fri, 6 Oct 2000, Tom Vogt wrote:
>

>>I'm currently thinking of whether or not it is feasable to put stego
>>data into EVERY .mp3 downloaded. just put random data into those not
>>intended to carry a message.
>
>For the sake of us audiophiles, please don't.  MP3 is tinny and flat
>at best; it ticks me off that most folks seem to hear it as "good
>enough", because if most folks hear it as "good enough" it means we're
>not going to get a better sound format widely used.  You're talking
>about making the audio channels a bit (more or less) thinner, but
>they're too thin already.

	But if you make them a little "thinner" (and I'll admit to
having a tin ear, and preferring the kind of music that doesn't
suffer much in that kind of compression), won't that mean that it
will sound worse to more people, thus making the push for a better
format?
--
Sometimes it is said that man can not be trusted with the government