CDR: Update: Zero-Knowledge Freedom for Mac

R. A. Hettinga rah at shipwright.com
Fri Oct 6 12:00:52 PDT 2000

--- begin forwarded text

Date: Fri, 06 Oct 2000 11:06:43 -0400
Subject: Update: Zero-Knowledge Freedom for Mac
From: Mark Scott <mark at zeroknowledge.com>
To: <mac-crypto at vmeng.com>
Sender: <mac-crypto at vmeng.com>

Hello mac-crypto list,

The following is a message I sent to our Freedom beta and "notify of
release" list.

It provides updated information on the development of Freedom for the Mac.

Thanks for your support.

----

First of all thank you for your patience. If you are following Internet
privacy in the news you have probably been reading a lot about us lately. We
have been getting five star reviews in the PC world/Mag publications, as
well as rave reviews from main stream media, including the Wall Street
Journal, USA Today, ABC News and many others.

In the coming 5-10 days we will release our Freedom 2.0 beta for Windows
95/98/2000/ME and Linux. The reason that the Linux version of Freedom is
available before the Mac version is because of the amount of common code
between the two platforms. Regrettably this was not the case for the Mac
version. This does not mean that we are in anyway less committed, it just
means that the Mac version is a greater challenge to develop from the ground
up.

Having just completed meetings with our Mac development team I can tell you
the following:

We expect to have a Mac version of Freedom for MacWorld Expo January 2001.
At this time we expect this version will support OS 8.6 - 9. We expect the
OS X support to follow shortly after, at this point I can't define how
quickly.  Because of the inherent complexities of writing code for the first
release of a product in a different platform, I cannot at this point say if
this will be a technology demonstration, alpha, or beta. You may rest
assured however, that we are putting all our efforts in developing the Mac
version as quickly as we possibly can.

I am planning at participating at Macworld in January, and I look forward to
meeting any of you who wish to drop by and say hello, and of course see
Freedom! I will keep you informed on details as we approach Macworld.

I will continue to keep you up to date, and I appreciate all the feedback I
have received from Mac users from around the world. We continue to collect
beta tester names, and feel free to send this link to your friends and
encourage them to sign up.

http://www.freedom.net/download/mac.html#betatesters

If any of you have further questions or comments, please do not hesitate to
contact me.

Best regards

--

Mark Scott
Product Manager/Evangelist,

888 Blvd. de Maisonneuve East. 6th Floor
Montreal, Quebec
H2L 4S8
514-286-2636 ext. 2075
mark at zeroknowledge.com
http://www.zeroknowledge.com

PGP Fingerprint: B7D6 B1E7 92A1 022F 89DE  7CCF 4CA0 5329 41D4 235B

--- end forwarded text

--
44 Farquhar Street, Boston, MA 02131 USA